Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sports Day in Korea


I couldn't pass up the chance to see what would go on at my school during the Sports Day that was scheduled this coming Saturday.  This was something we did when I lived in Trinidad and Tobago more than ten years ago and I was intrigued by a day of fun (and exercise) between teachers, students, parents and even grandparents; really, it's a day for community involvement and fun, fun, fun.  :)

There were several things I was looking for on Sports Day at my school, a classic tug-o-war, an egg and spoon race and relay races.  While the traditional egg and spoon race did not happen, I got so much more.


Children in the lower grades took part, as parents made sure to offer assistance with those pesky balloons.  There was a ring toss competition, a performance, a warm-up with some taekwondo moves and some games I'd never seen before.  The senior citizens showed up to participate in a race and shoe toss.

What a great day!





No comments: