Friday, September 19, 2014

Life in Korea: Korean Apartment Update

My studio apartment.  
It's been a whole year but I've finally settled in to living on Jeju Island in the upbeat northern side of the island, Jeju-si.  This past summer, I've been out and about  seeing the sights and enjoying the warm weather at the best beaches on Jeju Island.

My first year in Pohang, I absolutely loved my apartment.  It came with a flat screen tv, a laundry room and the tiles behind the sink in the kitchen was my favorite color, green.  My kitchen also came with a pantry and a two burner gas range, something I haven't seen anywhere else.  I could not be happier!   The shower that wet the entire bathroom, that took some getting use to.  And with a fifteen minute walk to work where I could get some exercise in, I could not ask for more.  
I even got a few freebies like a microwave, some shower shoes and a laundry basket left by the last tenant.

A move to a neighboring branch for the academy I was employed with, took some getting use to as I did not like the shift from my splendid apartment to a dirty matchbox.  Still, I made that work by cleaning/scrubbing my "new apartment" and later redecorating to make it my own.  More pictures, here.  And I had a pretty good first week in E-Dong.  

This past year on Jeju proved to be somewhat challenging and I was glad to have an apartment I fell in love with right away.  It had everything I needed and I'm glad to be calling Jeju Island home for a second year.

My first apartment in Korea 
My very first apartment in Korea  
Moving Day!!
My Second Apartment in Korea, before decorating 
My Second Apartment in Korea, after decorating
At home in Jeju-do

Questions about apartments in Korea?  Post it in the comments.



No comments: