Saturday, June 25, 2016

Five Things to do at Key Biscayne, Florida




To say that I love the sunshine state is in understatement.  For years, I would dream of 85 degree weather in the winter months in the northern United States.  When I finally made Florida my official home state early in 2012, I thought I would get to enjoy the warm winters and warmer summers finally.  But my move to South Korea, in May 2012 proved other wise.

It hasn't been a whole year since I've been back in the U-S of A and I'm finally ready to see all that the sunny Florida has to offer in terms of things to do and see.


I started with Key West late in 2015, but now, I feel ready to hit the ground running with summer in full swing.  I recently visited one of my favorite places, the Miami SeaQuarium and it was a splash.

Here are some other things to do in Key Biscayne:


1.  Walk/Jog/Run/Bike the Willam H. Powell Bridge.  I recently walked over this bridge.  It's quite popular for people wanting a view, I suppose, while the exercise.  The crowd ranged from very young (out with mom/dad) to the senior citizens getting there work out in.  The length of the bridge each way is 1 mile long.


2.  Spend the day at the Key Biscayne Beach.  One of my favorite past times ever is to take my towel and umbrella and lounge this beach along any of the many spots.  Even better to stay to watch the sun set.

Top Deck Dolphin Show at the Miami SeaQuarium
3.  The Miami SeaQuarium.  I recently bought a 2016 pass that was priced at the same price as a single admission ticket.  SCORE.  I've been back twice already so I'm already seeing the benefits.  You might be able to find other deals at the website, here.  Note that the parking in $10 per car.

4.  Fish.  Not really my thing to do, but I did notice quite a few people and families throwing their lines off a bridge just behind the William H. Powell Bridge.

5.  Visit Cranford Park Beach.  At the $7 per vehicle there are so many things to do here.  We are planning a small get together here late in July and I will update as the my review of the premises.  For more information, go here.

No comments: