Saturday, September 6, 2014

Jeju Island Editions: Hello Kitty Island (How a Hello Kitty Fan was Born)

There I was in/on Hello Kitty Island taking in the life-size dollhouse and as much pink that anyone could stand at one time.  One of the five adults on a tour of the island, we were all pretty much lackadaisical about the first stop at Hello Kitty Island.  

At the urging of our tour guide, we were to head to the third floor where we would see a 3D movie on Hello Kitty and her friends and I think the consensus what that "This is for children".  Still, I was curious about the craze that some of my adult friends have about Hello Kitty.  I knew who Hello Kitty was, duh!, but I never understood what was so great about it.  She's a cartooned cat??-- and that was my entire take on that until today.



Making our way to the 3D movie, I took in quickly how adorable everything was.  I mean talk about cuteness overload!!!   "Okaaay, I get it now!", I thought to myself when I walked into the life-sized doll house and first saw the mirror shaped in Hello Kitty's face and the incredible details that went into all the products that were the Hello Kitty brand.   Room after room after room of so many things with that adorable little face on it.  

By the time the 3D movie on Hello Kitty and her friends was over, a Hello Kitty fan was born.  

Here's a peek into Hello Kitty Island (Hello Kitty Museum) on Jeju Island
   
WARNING:  PERSONS MAY EXPERIENCE TOTAL CUTENESS OVERLOAD (TCO)

Hello Kitty life-sized doll house
Hello Kitty mirror

Hello Kitty Cafe

Hello Kitty play area for kids ages 3-7
Second floor of Hello Kitty's dollhouse

Tips:  

  1. If you're a Hello Kitty fan, be prepared to spend if you're going to the gift shop
  2. For more info on admission costs, location and hours, go here.


No comments: